Thursday, August 25, 2011

Did I tell you about …

my new gear? Smile 

I got myself a Panasonic G3 a few weeks ago. I know, I’ve grown up with Olympus. I have always preferred Olympus (and at this point, I still do), but the G3’s viewfinder + swivel screen + faster AF is worth the jump. I am still in the getting-to-know-you stage, and there haven’t been much chances really to go out there and shoot. Two jobs, two kids, a wife Smile, a new house – life can really get to you!

Anyway, I brought it one day when the kids and I went to the playground. Since the RAW files were not yet recognized by LR then, I took the images as JPGs. Not being familiar with Panasonic colors, I thought starting out with Natural settings was the way to go. However, I made some Lightroom adjustments afterwards, and here are a few initial pics I took with the new toy. Lenses used include the kit lens, Oly 17mm and Panny 20mm.

Summer's delight

(I do have a big problem with the image above. Part of the hair turned blue! Must be because it’s JPEG – maybe a JPEG artefact? I hope it is, and once I take a similar shot in RAW, I hope it will disappear!)

Justine

 

Slide

 

Peek-A-Boo

You can see a few more on my flickr page.

No pixel-peeper here, but I really like the images I am getting. I might stick with JPG for a while, and use RAW (not that LR update is available) only on tricky lighting situations. I love the swivel screen, so much so that I don’t use the EVF as much (which, ironically, was my primary reason to get the G3).

I haven’t used two bodies at the same time – I am thinking that might raise some eyebrows among my family and friends – but I think I will, one of these days. Panny 20mm on the G3, the Oly 45mm 9which I have yet to buy) on the E-PL1. And I’ll be in gear heaven. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment