Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ruts

Been down for some time now, and I turned to my reliable source of pick-me-ups: music. I’ve been drowning myself with loads of it, and lately I realized three of my most favorite songs are songs “owned” by someone: Your Song, A Song for You, and Ang Aking Awitin (My Song).

Pardon the missing images on this post.

 

 

 

Here’s my very elementary effort at translating the first verse (whose parts really are just repeated over the rest of the song):

Bakit di ko maamin sa iyo
Why can’t I admit to you
Ang tunay na awitin ng loob ko
The real song of my heart
Di ko nais mabuhay pa kung wala sa piling mo
I don’t want to continue living if I’ll be without you
Ngunit di ko pa rin maamin sa iyo
Still I cannot admit to you
Di malaman ang sasabihin 'pag kaharap ka
I don’t know what to say when in your presence (a crude translation, really)
Ngunit nililingon naman pag dumaraan na
But I always glance (? lingon is more like looking back) whenever you’re passing by
O ang laking pagkakamali
Oh what a big mistake
Kung di niya malalaman
If she (niya is really genderless, but in this case I’ll take a she) doesn’t know
Kaya sa awitin kong ito ipadarama
So I’ll use this song I’ll make her feel
(ipadarama is much more than letting someone feel – it’s letting someone know and feel, I guess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment