Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy thanksgiving!

Having grown up in another country, the concept of Thanksgiving as a holiday is a fairly new concept to me. True, we have always had Christmas and New Year to give thanks, but not one to solely focus on the concept of gratitude. It is a wonderful wonderful holiday – asking us to take the time to take stock of our lives and look at the positive things and be thankful for what we have.

I am thankful for my parents who have provided me constant guidance and love, and especially my mom who has been a rock through the years. I am thankful for my sisters, wonderful persons who now has their turn to be wonderful moms to their families.

I am thankful for having a relatively comfortable life, with enough leeway for my (expensive) hobby, for having a roof over our heads, food on our table, a bed and blanket to sleep on.

But I am most thankful for my wife and my two daughters, without whom I wouldn’t have realized what life really is. They give me a reason for being, and the love I receive from them (especially the two girls) sometimes feel so unfair to be received by one humble man.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment