Friday, December 16, 2011

Around town

Today was a slow day. I think the daily trips/errands have finally caught up to me.:-)

So, I just went for a walk around town (after my siesta of course), and tried to capture Christmas around our town.


First stop: food. Did I say food is BIG here? This time, I went to a sidewalk vendor famous for their grilled meats.

Here's the master at work ...
DSCF3236


... and his masterpiece(s). (Apart from barbecued pork, you can see some more exotic stuff like chicken innards and pork ears.)
DSCF3238


Here, the local church is usually the center of activity in every town, so I was naturally drawn towards it. Here's the plaza in front of the church.
DSCF3257

A light in the dark
DSCF3246

Also, starting today December 16, the traditional karoling starts. It's when everyone, especially kids, go around houses singing Christmas carols, and then they are given coins for their effort. Here are some carolers with their improvised instruments.
P1020357

P1020364

P1020381

Even some grown-ups, too!
P1020416

After their rounds, the kids divide what they received, everyone goes home happy. And then it starts over again the next night!
P1020368

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[I](Used G3 for the carolers, the X10 for everything else.)[/I]

No comments:

Post a Comment